Thursday, March 12, 2009

Scrapbook Entry#8 Doors, Windows, and Power Lines


I took this picture my first year taking a photography course my sophomore year of high school. I did not consider the door to be art but actually only took the picture for fun because I thought the bumper sticker on the door that says "I Love Asphalt" was funny. Yet, after looking at the composition as a whole and how I framed the space I saw the image more as a photograph than just a snapshot. I was drawn in by the repetition of line and shape carried through the image, such as the repeated rectangles. The power lines also work as a guide drawing your eye throughout the composition. I still do not consider doors, or windows, or power lines to be art, but when composed in such a way they work together to grab your attention. 

No comments:

Post a Comment