Thursday, March 12, 2009

Reflection on Digital Pictionary Project

I enjoyed working on the Digital Pictionary project. Although I did have a lot of trouble initially trying to come up with images that represented sarcasm, once I really concentrated on what sarcasm connoted to me I was more easily able to think of how to create a collage of images that related to my meaning. I also really enjoyed working with Photoshop and would like to continue to learn how to use it in the future and experiment more with the different tools. It was interesting to see how other people in the class interpreted their words. I thought it was fascinating how some people expressed not only the literal meaning of their word, but also how it can be expressed though formal elements. For example, with the word balance an image of a scale could be used, but also by just making a balanced composition the same meaning can be expressed. Same is true for the word abstract. One could show the literal meaning of the word abstract by showing an abstract painting or they could also cause an everyday object to be abstracted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment