Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Scrapbook Entry#21 Seashells


Similar to my rocks scrapbook entry my family and I always collect seashells whenever we go to the beach. The beach has always been the place where we all finally stop doing what work we have going on to come together and relax for the summer. Since as long as I can remember I would take mile long walks on the beach with my mom and sister to find the best shell. I would always look for shells with holes in them so that I could take them back and make jewelry. My mom's goal was always to find a whole conch shell or sand dollar but they were hard to come across. Another favorite find was always sea glass. My mom, my sister, and I would then bring home all of our treasures, wash them off, and admire what each other had found. Sometimes my mom would teach me how to make an angel ornament out of the different shells using an oyster shell for the body, a clam shell for the head, and smaller skinnier shells for the wings. Although a shell might not be considered art sea shells have always been a meaningful part of my summer, providing me with endless hours of trying to find a better shell than my sister's and countless family memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment