Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Scrapbook Entry#19- CDs


I have always thought the back of a CD was awesome. How in one light it can just look silver yet in another there can be a multitude of rainbow colors. I found this CD when I was cleaning out my desk and it seemed like a great idea for a scrapbook entry. I remember in elementary school one craft that we made was a suncatcher out of a CD and some fishing wire. When we hung the CDs from the window they reflected patterns of colored light around the room. Although I do not think that a CD itself is art I do feel that it can be used to create art or to inspire art therefore it deserves our attention. For example, an artist could use the concept of how something can be transmitted from one thing to something else in an installation, or the idea of projecting light or color could also be used for an installation.

No comments:

Post a Comment